Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Daily Audio Bible
Day 236
December 31, 2013
Team Zybko


So easy even I could do it. The entire Bible in a year. From the front cover to back flap and all the good news in between. I feel super accomplished at finally fulfilling a long time resolution. This torqued up soccer mom is tempted to run a victory lap around McLeod Health and Fitness right now but I know it's not really my victory to claim. Only God's. Reading (and sometimes listening) through the entire Bible feels good people. A personal goal completed that is way more than a simple line through #3 on the to-do's in 2013.
During the journey the lessons were free, once the iTunes charge was processed that is. Lessons are unofficially called the three "L's"!
You can't find that anywhere else, I just made it up. 
Love, Learning and Lifted up!

 It wasn't until June that I stumbled upon the greatest APP I ever bought, at 99 cents a true bargain indeed. Double dipping most days to catch up was not a problem as I quickly got addicted to this time, my daily date with God, His love letters and promises to us.   The maker of the universe is faithfully and consistently available for me 24/7. 
That. Blows. My. Mind.

Brian Hardin and the crew at DAB do an amazing job every single day. He explains in a simple way, in an understandable way before diving into each new book. With a radio voice he gives a short historical back round of the land and people of it's time. Extremely helpful for this girl who quickly realized she was undereducated in this department. Keep your earbuds in and stick around each day for a quick prayer after reading chapters in the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs or click out after the closing verse. Totally your choice. 

 Another great bonus about it all, listen at your leisure. While you work out, clean, drive, cook or sit quietly with your Bible on your lap as you follow along, a hot cup of coffee in your free hand. Changing and evaluating the posture of your heart has never been so easy. Go to the app store now, I promise you won't regret it. If you aren't satisfied I will personally pay you back the 99 cents with sticky money from my mini-van coin holder. Just so you know, Chuckie-Cheese tokens count as quarters around our house!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment