Wednesday, February 5, 2014

8 Year Boys are Something Special
Day 283
February 6, 2014
Team Zybko


Every blogger knows you shouldn't write late into the night. Things get sappy real fast, words get emotional and pictures apparently take forever to load. I can't blame it entirely on the Internet connection, I highlighted too many. I couldn't stop. 

With James Blunt singing softly in the background as I cruised through the last 6 months of life caught this momma off guard. This momma who will soon have a nine year boy. The youngest boy of the family. It's been forever since David and Dylan were this age. I see so much of them wrapped up in this kid it makes me smile and brace myself at the same time. To find a normal picture of Drexel for a birthday post was impossible. His special day isn't for another week and a half, that didn't prevent me from preparing ahead. So instead of much needed beauty sleep I scroll though folders and folders of good times and discover what I should have already known. There is no normal for Drex. His normal is climbing, swinging, movement, dirt, sticks, wrestling, rocks, fast cars, balls, bikes, swim trunks and funny faces. Adventure and fun!
8 year old boys around the world are something special. 
Mine is no exception. 

His one sweet dimple melts my heart, his literal thinking makes me laugh, his constant, inquisitive questions wear me out, his curious spirit inspires me, his collections from nature take up living room space, his laundry keeps me busy, his love for life makes me slow down to enjoy, his hobbies teach me, his front teeth, well, they remind me I need to call the orthodontist tomorrow.
Thank you Drexel for being you and giving me the best job ever. Being your mommy. I need to get some rest but I think I will allow myself just one more look through the post pictures, one more song with a sweet melody and one more round of proud momma tears to hit my pillow. Night night.  







































































































No comments:

Post a Comment