Sunday, February 9, 2014


Quit Throwing Like a Girl
Day 285
February 9, 2014
Team Zybko

La-La, don't throw like a girl. 
Yea, I know this is no longer a tolerated phrase but old habits of the tongue die hard. I grew up wrestling with four older brothers, climbing trees, playing in the dirt and on multiple softball teams. So, to me, this isn't offensive at all, it's heard more as encouragement than an insult. 5 words spoken as motivation, to cheer one on to throw correctly, with force and kick butt accuracy. 

Baby Daddy was on it. This particular day wasn't marked on the calendar with a sharpie or anything, it simple fell into his lap like the perfect sunshiny day. Killing time during Drexel's lacrosse practice, using the moments as opportunity to make memories. The lesson became pretty intense fast, quick improvement shown even before the whistle was blown for the first official water break.

Teaching someone to not throw like a girl proves more difficult when the girl is dressed like an actual girl. Cheap flip flops are not as sturdy as a pair of Nike's and hand me down Easter dresses with satin bows can trip you up pretty good. Who knew? Not me, I wore husky, brown corduroy pants from Sears. 

No worries, wardrobe obstacles combined with the obvious hair in the face problems were overcome with diligence and perseverance. An hour and a half later, the first throwing/catching lesson was complete. Complete with quality time, fun, fresh air, giggles and exercise. In my book, that is what it is all about. So, I can sleep well tonight knowing my six year girl throws like, well, a six year old girl. I'm really OK with that. Maybe next week we will pump up the session, we can bring a football and switch it up. I'm sure my little sweety pie is ready for a hearty game of Smear the Queer. I kid, I kid. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment