Thursday, February 27, 2014


Throw Back Thursday Vacation
Miami 2005
Day 302
February 27, 2014
Team Zybko

We could all use a nice vacation right about now. Winter has certainly gotten the best of most of the country. No more cold weather and snowy mixes, please. Everyone could use a get away, not just me.

Calgon take me away, please.
 I am tired of making the doughnuts.
Can I get a uh-huh?

 As the two youngest kids take a mini school break, my mind wanders to a city far away. With only memories and 7 pictures hung neatly on the plain eggshell colored wall, this girl resorts to dreaming. Even if it's for a short 6 minute indoor recess, I'm going. So here I sit, far from any island breeze, reclining chair or beach and reminisce the good times spent in Miami, Florida. 

A beautiful place covered in warm white sand, blue skies and super stylish locals and tourists alike. Cool art deco hotels and water so clear you can focus and appreciate your perfectly hot pink pedicured feet. City blocks filled with fast paced music and killer beats your smooth, tanned legs can't help but salsa like Shakira down the well lit excited streets. Strong Cuban coffee sipped gingerly from artsy cups and placed gently back on the matching saucer creates a vacation caffeine buzz like no other. Fancy expensive cars zoom......  

Mom!
Mom!
Wake up.....
Mom!
Drexel ripped the head off my Barbie....again.
Huh....what?
It was an accident mom, really.

Break over. I will see you another day Miami. 
For now it's 3rd grade spelling, phonics and long division.

Ok, Drex....let's talk.
But mom
About Miami son....about Miami.










No comments:

Post a Comment