Sunday, February 16, 2014


Determination
This Girl Has Got It
Day 293
February 16, 2014
Team Zybko


Pretty sure I tell this player the same thing after every game.
You have got such determination! 
I may use other words to get my point across but that is the underlying message. 

Faithful fans love the few moments when the sweaty tired players, whether they secured a "W" or not integrate with parents on the opposite side of the field. In some cases we know them better than they know us so compliments like wow, your feet were on fire today or you played the best game I've ever seen may be a tidy tad awkward. Oh, well. To some I am simply know as Delaney's mom. I am cool with that but it doesn't stop me from complimenting in a personal way. 

For us soccer moms on the sidelines it's impossible not have favorites outside of our own child. Others may deny but I won't. Watching the same girls week after week, game after game, half after half it becomes a natural progression of the season.   


So to this girl who proudly wears the # 4 on her back for Charlotte United, I say to you as the chairs are being packed up and pats on the back are given out....you never, ever give up, even when you are fouled, pushed down, you bounce back up, dust off your cleats and jump back into the play.

Determination is worn on this young ladies face during every minute of the game.  


While sorting and editing the weekend pictures, I mentally place certain frames aside to send to her mom. A friend of mine and the team manager (thank you by the way for all your time spent doing this job nobody else really wants to do)  I realized quickly the plays captured are more of a blog post than an e-mail with a bunch of heavy attachments.


Determination as defined in an on-line dictionary
de·ter·mi·na·tion
diˌtərməˈnāSHən/
noun
  1. 1.
    firmness of purpose; resoluteness.
    "he advanced with an unflinching determination"
    synonyms:resolutionresolve, willpower, strength of character, single-mindedness, purposefulness, intentness;
    strong-mindedness, backbone
    stubbornness, doggedness, obstinacy;
    spiritcouragepluckgrit, stout-heartedness; 
    informalguts, spunkmoxie
    formalpertinacity
    "it took great determination to win"


Morgan, I certainly hope this compliment doesn't embarrass you. I suppose I will only know if you successfully avoid this soccer mom the next few months of the spring season. Ha! Just thought it important to give you a shout out as an example to others. Of course your parents whom I have only know for a short time may have something to do with it. Hhhhmmmm. As I piece it all together, the younger brother, one of Drexel's buddies is the same way. So I conclude it must trickle down from daily living and examples shown in the house. Whoop whoop. Way to go mom and dad! I look forward to many more games cheering along side of you and routing for our kids, on and off the field.  









No comments:

Post a Comment