Saturday, February 1, 2014


Snow Day Project
Got My A.C.T.S Together
Day 278
February 1, 2014
Team Zybko

God's Word, sharpies, acronyms, index cards and my trusty laminator. A project can not get any better than this.


Maybe it's just me but I doubt it. There are to bound to be others like me out there, maybe even many others with the same problem. Others that need mental organization on a daily basis. Ya know, out of control bouncing thoughts that need to be tied down, put into categories and most importantly written down.

Unfortunately my brain is constantly swirling around like a high powered blender, making a giant messy smoothie out of sporting event dates, birthdays (sorry to one  two  three of my besties, somehow overlooking their birthdays this past year) food items, useless information, school stuff, people to text, emails to return, bills to send out etc. 
 Pulse, pulse, pulse, blah, blah, blah. 
 Everyday the alarm goes off, my eyelids open slowly as I reach for my iPhone to snoozey swipe while simultaneously hitting the ON button to the imaginary seen on T.V Magic Bullet.

I force myself to stay unplugged from the outside world. I ground myself with God's word before my old feet even slip inside my furry Mukluk slippers. I pray my favorite Psalm on the way to my french press as the sound of shuffling feet fill the unlit hallway.

Show me the way O' Lord, teach me your paths, guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior and my hope is in you all day long.

Thank you Lord. In addition to spiritually, please lead the way physically too. The house is black as night dark, I literally can't see a thing. 
Note to self: buy night light.

I love this time. The house is quiet. Just me and God. He talks to me, I talk back. Waking up quickly as I drink up God's Word.
Daily Audio Bible keeps me straight.
My index cards keeps me focused. 
A healthy habit I can't seem to live without.
If I miss this 30 minute hole shot I find myself slightly off for the rest of the day. Feeling undressed, off balance and little discombobulated. 

This simple index card system works for me. You may prefer typing stuff out on your smart phone, laptop or something else with a screen that lights up. I don't. I do enough junk with mine on a regular basis I actually look forward to old school paper and a #2 pencil with a big ole fat eraser top.
New morning.
New card.
New opportunities.
Stick it in a back pocket, front hoody compartment or even your sports bra if you are into comfortable, stretchy pants with no pockets. I ain't judging. Anywhere you can refer to it often.  




Who to pray for and a verse of the day on one side.

A.C.T.S. on the other.


A: ADORATION

C: CONFESS
T: THANKFUL
S: SUPPLICATION


Writing out your prayers to the creator of the universe can open up such wonderful bonding time together. This has helped my A.D.D self big time. Simple really. When my pencil stops, I know my mind has wandered off. Keeps me in check. 


With a surprise southern snow day falling into our laps I was able to get some fun projects done. After playing with the kids outside we came in to warm up and chill out until sledding round #2. Settling them down was easy, after bribing them with hot chocolate and Netflix I got to work. God's Word is truly amazing, and apparently water proof! It took me way longer than expected to choose the verses for the laminated index cards to represent each letter. Like creating a play list for a 5K race, too many favorites and not enough time. I love my shower index cards. Helps me to stay focused and keeps my thoughts tidy. Now if I could only remember to shave my legs. Maybe I need to make a card for that too! 



Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer
Be thankful and watchful

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious abut anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Timothy 2:8
Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.



Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

James 5:13
Is anyone among you in trouble?
Let them pray.
Is anyone happy?

Let them sing songs of praise.




No comments:

Post a Comment