Friday, February 7, 2014





SLOW-YO not YOLO
Busy Rushing Ends in Nothing 
Day 284
February 7, 2014
Team Zybko




PSALM 39:4-
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered.
How fleeting my life is.

You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you.
At best, each of us is but a breath.


These type of direct verses stir my stomach, they get me all jazzed up about what my day should look like. Oh snap, we are just a mist here on earth. They create a little bit of panic, hyperventilating with hot, morning coffee breath. Not pretty. I.Gotta.Get.Going, I think to myself. Then I re-read them slowly. Taking each word in and reading on, further down the page to the next couple of lines on the thin paper.....we are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.    




Busy rushing ends in nothing. 
Right. Why do we do this? We tend to stuff activities and responsibilities into our day until we explode, forming a muffin-top on our busy lives. 
Busy rushing ends in nothing. 
I know we all need clean underwear, we need to work, we need to study for school, we need to care for little ones, we need to go to the grocery store and the dry cleaners. Errands must get done. I get that. Today, try something different, slow down even while doing the necessary duties of life. 




SLOW-YO


*Take a quick break as you respond to e-mails, send a love text to anyone in your contacts.

*Look directly into the cashiers eyes at Food Lion and with a warm heartfelt smile tell them.....thank you.

*Instead of catching up on texts during rush hour traffic, wave to the car next to you, give then the 1970's version of "roll down your window" and tell them.....have a great rest of the day.

*As you cook dinner tonight, put the simmering taco meat on the back burner for a few minutes and write a simple note to a friend. Lick, stamp and deliver a snail mail smile.

*During the daily chore of laundry folding, blare your iTunes and dance your brains out to a 4 minute song. Resume matching the white load socks after a mini sweat.

Its hard to slow down. It can be done. I promise. Maybe only a few minutes at a time but the result can be huge, for yourself and more importantly someone else. 
Busy rushing ends in nothing.

SLOW-YO!   

No comments:

Post a Comment