Wednesday, February 23, 2011

365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #20
2/23/11
WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN




DEUTERONOMY 6:5-9

LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.


Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.



(typo on banana, should be chapter 6, sorry)

Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.




Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.




I enjoy writing where I'm not supposed to. Visual reminders work for me. It provokes discussion, curiosity and interest about what matters to me. Of course I haven't always been this way concerning un-washable sharpies and free flowing random art. Back in my early days of Motherhood I'd fuss when the kids wrote on their hands. Freaked out a bit if my little artists marked on the table, outside the lines. Crayon scribbled on the wall? No! No! No.....David!

Over time
I've changed
I've loosened up
I've learned

Our slightly used, but new to us dining room tables are stainless steel. Within minutes of the last leg landing on the floor, I hear a kid yell from across the house.......

you can write on them!

you can write on them!

you can write on them!

I ran in from the garage as fast as I could. Grabbed a hot pink Expo marker and tried it myself. Could have sworn I heard angels sing as I wiped it clean. With just one easy swoosh of a napkin, it was gone. I smiled out loud and looked up at the heavens. This Christmas gift came just at the right time. God's timing is always right. He knew for sure, I had no more room left on my walls to write a thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment