Thursday, February 10, 2011

365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #8
LOVE HAS COME

CHRISTMAS TWENTY TEN

In this day and age of Face Book, E-Cards and tweet-ing I really treasure snail mail. It's such a rare treat. What a warm and fuzzy feeling when you open up the mailbox to an unexpected hand written note, somehow happy to see you, almost smiling at you. Old school thank you notes and party invitations.....YES...... or how about this......a friendly note......to show you, at the other end of the stamp.......are worth the time. As good as icing on a cake. Christmas Card time is like winning the Postal lottery.
Be looking for mine about mid-March. Still haven't gotten a good picture of the entire crew. C'mon kids, look happy, quit fighting and NO nose picking this year. Yikes, maybe I will just wait til next year.

I enjoy ALL cards sent
silly cards
expensive cards
glittery cards
picture cards
Scripture cards
homemade cards

They all get an inch or two of scotch tape and put on the WALL.
I always manage to have a favorite, every year one and only one jumps out at me. I guess depending on what season my heart is in.
my Mom sent 'The One' this year.
Three simple words on the front:

LOVE
HAS
COME

Wow, how simple is that? 3 words, that's it. It's February 10th. That special card and only that one, has escaped attic imprisonment. The other cards, now shoved haphazardly in a red and green box, labeled 'X-Mas Stuff.'
I plan to frame it. I like chewing on those words and looking at the picture. It gives me a warm feeling from head to toe.

LOVE
HAS
COME

GOD IS LOVE



The Bible has 505 verses with the word LOVE in it.
Here is a gem I found last night.

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
GOD is LOVE.
Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him.

Read it
write it somewhere
re-read it
memorize
and chew on it

Better yet, I have an idea. Write it on an index card, scrap paper or tissue.
Put a Valentine heart stamp on it and send it across town, down the street or to another country. It will cost you 44 cents but the warm and fuzzy LOVE feeling on the other end will be, you guessed it....... priceless.



No comments:

Post a Comment