Tuesday, February 8, 2011




365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #7
PULLING THE MOM CARD POST

365 straight blogging days? Really? Not sure what I was thinking. A personal goal or challenge scribbled on the back of a Sam's receipt is one thing. I should have just taped it to the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets with ALL the rest of my resolutions. Somewhere between the one that says.
Victoria, you do not need another Pop Tart
and
Don't forget to get up 15 minutes earlier to stretch.
Yea, If I wrote it small enough I could have made room. No one would have known when around day...hhhhmmm 12 I gave up, to much trouble, nothing funny or meaningful left to write about. BUT nnnnnoooooooooooo not me, I had to put it out there. On Face Book never the less.
It's gone viral
There is no turning back

So I had an idea. I figured if I post one day for each kid.....well, you do the math.....that's almost a weeks worth of blogging....oh yeah baby. I will start with Diane just as soon as I run and get me a Pop Tart, hope there is a double fudge chocolate one left.
Just to clarify, and to make me feel better. For the record, during this post I will be pulling the really super PROUD card. NOT to be confused with the
really annoying can't hear one more thing about this Lady's kid BRAGGING card.
There is a difference...uh huh, there is. Is too.


Diane
Little Diane
Die
Di-Di
Diannnie Banannie
We love you and miss you!


Sending Diane off to school was tough. Sending her back after her first visit home seemed even tougher. New York is a long way away ya know.
If you haven't reached this season with your kids yet, don't worry too much. There is really nothing you can do to prepare for it. It hits you like a ton of bricks or a blow to the gut. It does get easier and when the date arrives you will be able to handle it. Although I do recommend bringing tissues and lots of them.
As parents we are supposed to give our children two things.
Roots and Wings.
I like that image and thought. I read it on something once. Now that I think about it might be taped to a cabinet somewhere too. I'm somehow envisioning a wrinkled up little square piece of foil. Oh yea, it was on a wrapper of a Dove dark chocolate bite. (Well, then I take that back. I definitely read it more than once. Who can have only one of those?)


The roots part of that statement doesn't seem so hard. The wings? And letting them go part? So much harder for most of us. Wishing and keeping your kids wings "clipped" doesn't help anything. I know this. I live this. I have on occasion, been known to be a tidy tad, maybe a slight bit over the top somewhat of a
MICRO MANAGING MOM
Ouch, that hurt!
Makes you feel useful and needed BUT it always, 100% of the time comes back to bite you in your Dove Chocolate BUTT.

The thing is, It's simple. Diane is fun to have around. It wasn't hard while searching for HAPPY pictures of her to upload. The hard part was picking some of my favorites.


(Cheer leader jump gone bad)

True story, I only found one of her NOT smiling. Seems she is always showing off the 5 or so years of Florence Orthodontist Magic. Another name around here for 5 thousand buck a roos.




Diane came home from West Point in September, somewhat fresh out of Boot Camp. She couldn't stop laughing at the fact she could OUT push-up and sit-up all three of her brothers.
I know Drex, at five years old you were a close second.



Diane makes it a priority to spend time with her siblings and anything family related.



Love that she thinks being organized and working hard is "fun"



Being in control of the family camera gives me authority. The authority to hit DELETE whenever I want. Any picture I feel I....... hhhhmmmm.....how can I not sound shallow here? Wow, guess I can't. Any picture I think I don't look good.......goes bye bye....yep
so long sucker.
Doesn't seem like Diane takes a "delete" type of picture....ever.


Even while being hassled by a crazy brother.


aaaaawwwwww


She has been known to get all 'dolled' up too!


Always in the mood to goof around with Daddy.




All that push up arm strength is required to toss up a 'juicy' little sister.
Over and over again.


The other morning I squeezed in a 'forced' run. While the house was asleep, I grabbed my favorite t-shirt from my dark closet.
The one with our name on
The one that shows all the sweat
The one that is perfectly worn in
The one that gets me through the miles
The one I am most proud of
BECAUSE
it was given to me by
The one and only Diane.



















No comments:

Post a Comment