Friday, February 25, 2011




365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO

DAY# 22

02/25/11


DREAM CAR

I slam on the brakes when I see this beauty. I couldn't ignore the shine of the Incredible Hulk green paint. calling my name for sure. I can admit now I probably stopped a tidy tad too fast. Shoulder straps locked up, happy meal toys litter the floor and a half full water bottle rolls to my feet. Yeah, it was that cool of a car.


I jump out of the van, the water bottle follows me, hitting the parking lot pavement. I toss it carelessly back in through the open window. No time to aim, I was on a mission.
"MOM!"
I really should slow down, guess it hit one of the kids.
"Sorry!" I yell back as quickly put my camera up to my non-squinty eye.

I don't know what kinda engine this puppy has.
I don't know how many seconds it takes to get to 60 mph.
I don't know how much this baby puts one back at the bank.
I don't even know how many kids it would seat.

BUT
I do know one thing,
It gave me chills.

I felt the need to take a zillion pictures, from every angel. Just in case I win the lottery. I wouldn't have to waste my time or words describing my this car. I hear rich people are smart with their time. I would simple hand the dealer this picture and go back to counting my millions. Muuhahaah.

The kids are getting antsy, urging me to get back in the van.

"Hey Mom, what if the owner comes out?"
"Hey Mom, your kind of embarrassing us"
"Hey Mom, please get off the pavement, you look a little crazy."



The special time with my dream car is over. I pucker my lips, blow a kiss and whisper I LOVE YOU. That's not weird, really...... I don't get out much. Totally normal. Did I mention the leather seats and super sparkly rims?
As I turn to go I notice the owner took up two spots. Oh man, I've always wanted to do that. On purpose that is. Hey a 15 passenger van can be tough to park ya know.
My old knees creak a little as I climb up into the van. I wrinkle my nose, why does it smell like a dirty diaper in here? No body wears diapers anymore, well, I'll worry about that later.

"Thanks for waiting guys, sorry it took so long"

"No problem Mom, we know how you are."

I twist to buckle back up, in the corner of my eye I see Drexel eating something. I look closer. He is shoving yesterdays french fries from in between the bench seats into his mouth. I also witness a slushy falling to it's death to the already stained dirty floor.
I immediately throw an entire package of baby wipes to the far back row. Yes, perfect aim this time. I set my camera down in a safe spot and drive off. Anxious to see the pictures of my dream car on the computer I smile. Not at the Camaro but at my white prison/church van. I think to myself, I'm such an idiot. I already have my dream car. No 'new car smell', real leather or sparkle to be found. That's ok with me. My dream car is the one filled with my family, our memories and lots of trash.





No comments:

Post a Comment