Wednesday, February 23, 2011

365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #21
2/24/11
STATISTICS
Happy Birthday Rich

One cold morning Dylan brings me a handful of gloves and dumps them on the counter.
Mom, I found six of these little stretchy gloves, not one of them match up
Without looking up I reply
Bummer dude.
and continue making sandwiches for school lunches
No really Mom, not one match! How is that possible?
At this point I'm cutting crust with a sharp knife, I definitely don't turn his way. Not to be rude, just knowing my limits with sharp items before 7am.
Geez, Dill, what do you think the statistics or probability are of that happening?
I put down the box of sandwich baggies and take a quick break, to jump start my brain. Surely a few sips of strong black coffee will enable me to do this math.
Yeah, right!
Even if I call up Juan Valdez himself for a home delivery of fresh Colombian Java. I ain't never gettin' that formula right. I'm OK with not being a #'s girl cause I kick BUTT in retail clearance math.
20% off original price
30% off original price
40% off original price
Ya know, the important, everyday kinda math.
My mind wanders down memory lane. Ten short years of working at different malls.
Good times
Good times
Holding my favorite mug with two hands, it's feel so good. Perfectly warming me up on this chilly morning. I suddenly realize I'm starring with glazed over eyes into the cup. Dylan is still talking. Whoops, wonder what I missed. I jump back in, maybe he didn't notice.
Ummm, did you figure it out yet Dill?
Mom, were you listening?
Yikes, I'm cold busted.
Did you know Mom that 64% of ALL statistics are made up?
Oh my gosh, really?
No, not really. I just made that up.
I smile and know I deserved that one.
Good Times
Good Times

No comments:

Post a Comment