Sunday, February 13, 2011




365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #11
LOVE YOURSELF FIRST



I'm diggin' this self portrait. Taken in front of a dirty window, it's reflection for a little help, is definitely a keeper. As I have yet to master erasing wrinkles on the computer, the blurry effect does it for me. I am in the process, and constantly working on accepting my aging 'reflection'. Being the theme of today's post, I better practice what I preach.....or blog.
crows feet are just laugh lines
crows feet are just laugh lines
crows feet are just laugh lines


OK, that's a start anyway.


Valentines Day is finally here
cards, chocolate and flowers galore
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
how can I order it and get me some more?


it seems to me a little strange
every where my camera shoots
reminders of this expensive day
the homemade HALLMARK holiday



Hearts in the playhouse
Gods love bright
in the form of
beautiful warm sunlight


classic kid drawn window art
my Chic-fil-a sandwich
even playin' the part

but hang on minute
just a second my friends
let's do something different
yes, I'm certain you'll bend



A handwritten memory
scribbled and stored
in the back of a closet
messy for sure
is a prayer of thanks
once spoken by Delane-nay
only three at the time
on that Thanksgiving Day

I THANK GOD FOR FAMILY, RAINBOWS, KITTY CATS.......AND ME.

we all sort of giggled
inside we just thought
she's a ham, loves attention
she good in that spot


many years later
this prayer comes to mind
was she on to something?
I must look deep
and inward to find



do we like ourselves
do we love US enough
I know it's awkward
and a tidy tad tough

a light bulb went off
I have a great idea
if I could only make it happen
I'd be rich on a yacht



if we could manufacture
confidence and peace
in the form of a pill
it would be amazing,unique


feeling good about this message
I'm gonna make time
in my busy day today
I'll make sure there's a way


I'll call the famous Dr. Phil
he might answer one day
I think he would like
the introspective words I say



I'm laughing out loud
right now at MYSELF
they do say that's healthy
you should try it too
BUT not at me
AT YOU!


I sound too matchy
an annoying Dr. Seuss
could I write part of this poem
without sounding catchy
just one line, please please please
with out any cute simple fun rhymes

YES, I can. Here's the point.
We have to be able to LAUGH, LOVE and LIVE with who we are.
Remember though
NOBODY IS PERFECT
(thank you that Hannah Montana)

Love yourself first
and what will follow
love for others
will most certainly BURST

sorry, couldn't help it.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!




1 comment:

  1. This is the best Valentine's Day sentiment I have ever read! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete