Sunday, February 6, 2011



365 Days of Random TEAM ZYBKO
Day #5
Breakfast For The Week Made Easy
(Uncle Andy and Aunt Andrea this post is just for you two)
We are a buffet style kinda family at mealtime, super easy that way for us. Grab a plate and shuffle through the line. As I type this I'm thinking fun, colorful, cafeteria trays would be super cool to have. Well I do often times feel like a cafeteria lady, minus the hairnet of course. Not making fun of cafeteria peeps by any means. Oh, that reminds me, I need to call for a lip waxing appointment and have a mole checked out. Anyway....... cooking for a large crew is what I do. Unfortunately, Big David can't fit in my hat like that cute little French mouse Ratatouille. Daddy-Oh is definitely the natural cook of the house, hands down. The dinner menu rotates around a hand full of shoe-in meals that please the entire family. Hot breakfasts around here are a norm for two reasons.
#1 not all the kids like cold cereal
#2 during the week breakfast is eaten in the van on the way to school

With tons of practice behind me, I can whip up a Shoney's style breakfast bar in hurry. Faster than you can say "I'm pretty sure even vegetarians like the smell of bacon". I'm just saying, 15 minutes tops and the kids start coming out of the woodwork. Looking for the origin of that intoxicating smell..... and possibly a handout. Although, a while back I did start switching to turkey bacon and sausage. Just don't tell the little ones, they can't tell the difference yet. Tripling what I make on Sunday morning ensures plenty of leftovers. Pop it in the microwave, it's easy as 1,2,3 ok , really 55 seconds. There you go, Meals on Wheels for every busy school day without the messy pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment