Thursday, February 3, 2011

365 Days of Random Team Zybko
Day#2
Tricks of The Trade
"MOM, can we go buy new bath toys?"
The voice is clear, shouted over running tub water from a few rooms away. In the middle of my 'cooking dinner' rush, Delilah decides she really needs to be clean....right away. Buy new bathtoys? Is she crazy? No way Jose! Especially since she, the baby is over three. We are moving forward people, whether I like it or not. Past sippy cups, booster seats and plastic plugs in the outlets......into a new season I tell you.....slow but steady....the countdown to the last, very full, smelly pull-up I ever throw away again is ON! tic tic tic
I use my very best
FUN yet NO ROOM FOR COMPROMISE MOM VOICE
"We don't need any new toys honey, I have a cool idea! Just go pick something from the recycling bin. Plastic would be best, I'm sure"
Before I have a chance to warn her about slippery wet floors she flies past me naked in the kitchen. Her little booty cheeks just a fleshy colored blur whizzing past my old tired knees. She can't get to the garage fast enough. Oh my stars she fell for the GO GREEN spiel. Cool, now back to browning the taco meat and sneaking my hidden tortilla chips.


(Delilah encouraged me to include her cool little fairy Barbie Doll in the picture)

This plastic container stayed in the tub for over a week before I discovered its GREATNESS, yes......greatness.


It has a terrific spout, making it super accurate. It' insanely sturdy. Fill it up only once, pour over the wiggly slimy fussy toddler head and....viola. Five seconds...... full to empty. The wide top even doubles as a barbie boat. I know I don't get out much but this is BIG stuff. I have spent years trying to work with crying kids AND the wrong kind of shampoo rinsing cups. Boy will I sleep good tonight. Well then again, maybe not. It seems as if I have found this useful piece of trash a little late. I wonder how much longer the baby will need my help?

(This is what I look like dancing in Zumba)


(and my tortilla chip double chin for sure)



No comments:

Post a Comment