Friday, August 23, 2013


1st Day of Our New Normal
Day 113
August 22, 2013
Team Zybko



The first day of school has somehow rolled around yet again. Boo and Yay at the same time. I do well with a routine but I have also sunk into a good laid back routine at this point, does that count as a routine? I already miss the free style afternoons of pool time, park hopping and sleeping in, they are from days gone by. Summer time is officially over despite the muggy warm temperatures in the Carolinas. 92 degrees? Yes school is on, heat wave is no excuse, move it move it move it people.



Nothing stays the same. I know that. To live it and to say it are two totally different places to be. Change is hard. I know that too. 
It is also inevitable. To survive it you must accept it. And that's where I am. Living smack dab in the middle of big emotions stirred up from big changes. Moving forward, figuring it all out,  looking forward instead of back. On a mission, in search of a happy place in our new family normal. I will get there. Of course we will, that too I know.

Diane is back in her apartment for her senior year in the middle of Gods country SC. Lil David has jumped into his new adventure learning about hot engines in a cool city in TN. Dylan is doing his best at keeping his uniform wrinkle free in upstate NY. 3 different states, spread out more than a momma generally likes. Meanwhile Delaney is merging back into real school for six grade, waking up early in a hotel in NC to get her outfit ready and to do her hair. My innocent kindergarden student an my energetic 3 grader are adjusting slowly. Filling the hours between the public school car lines of drop off and pick up with learning and adventure in our new city. Dora the Explorer would be proud. Each day brings new places to do schoolwork and have fun as I turn off the GPS and go for it. Cause I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map.

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment