Wednesday, August 7, 2013

30 Days Of Moving

30 Days of Motion
Day 99
August 8th, 2013
Team Zybko


Ok people, here we go!
30 Days of Motion. 
My goal was not to loose a bunch of weight or reinvent the fitness wheel but to simply stay in motion. As of July, 1st I was no longer teaching at the gym and I knew it would be tough to keep to a schedule. Don't tell anyone but I tend to get a bit lazy when not motivated by a happy, hard working class behind me. My 2 goals were to squeeze in at least 30 minutes of heart healthy cardio and put a little strength exercises back in my work out. 
This summertime project worked! 
I am proud to announce I no longer do girl push ups but have graduated to real ones, 50 a day (no not in a row but maybe that's next month.) I did end up loosing a few pounds but nothing that would prompt a before and after Subway type picture. During the 30 days the kids have come up with some creative ideas to get me moving, right along side of them, at the park, on a trail, in empty parking lots. Wherever. No gym membership, no problem. Not a ton of extra time to work out, no problem. Not super athletic, no problem. Let you kids make up the game, let them be your boss and trainer for those short 30 minutes and watch them light up. 
Somewhere along the way I ditched my notebook with the days nicely printed and recorded, uh I guess around day 3....whoops. The pictures aren't exactly in order either but that really isn't the point. Just get moving, keep a simple log on the back of a napkin or receipt and watch some cool things happen.    


Day 1
A 30 Minute walk around the neighborhood 
on a lovely summer night.
 Delaney messes around with FREE fitness apps while I squat, crunch and push up. Little did she know I was actually charged for those FREE mini work outs she up-loaded. 
Lesson learned on paying attention to fine print was worth the $7.99.





Day 2
30 minutes of youTube videos by Julian Michaels. Done in the family room while the other 2 couch potatoes watched a show on the boob Tube.



 Day 3
I used my get out of jail free card early in the challenge.
Travel Day to Charlotte, looking for a place to live. 
Tough to squeeze it in. I did locate a Starbucks, Chic-fi-la, Target and Dairy Queen, not a total loss of a day. 
I will make it up another day I promise!



Day 4
Found a super cool park in Charlotte with a paved trail around the baseball fields. SCORE. 30 or so minutes of racing each other Tour De France style :)



Day 5
Zumba Sweat!




Day 6
McLeod outside track in the beautiful sunshine!


Day 7
Running and walking outside. 
I didn't even mind the Summer sweat causing 
my ear buds to slide out.



Day 8
Just me, Bob Dylan and my cracked iPhone around the track.
I am on a roll with this running thing.



Day 10
Spent 6 hours cleaning out our storage unit. 4 prison van loads packed down with ever book the kids have ever read and heavy photo albums. 


Day 12
Lawn time with a walking mower. 
Oh yea, feel the power in the push.



Day 13
Zumba class at our new gym.




Day 14
Biked and ran around an empty parking lot while we waited for Delaney during soccer camp. 



Day 15

Swam laps while Drexel snorkeled around me, pretending to be on a beautiful island of the Caribbean.



Day 16
Obstacle courses at the playground.



Day 17
Lap swim indoor pool


Day 18
Living room dance off.



Day 19
Walked down to the lake to skip rocks. Making sure to go the LONG way for extra distance and time.



Day 20
Serious weeding. 
Please note, this was not a cheat day.
 Look at the size of these weeds.




Day 21
Bailing out a flooded garage.



Day 22
Checking out new bike trails, even the muddy ones.



Day 23
Zumba with the Double Mint Twins



Day 24
We claimed the empty parking at our new soccer fields.
Killing time has never been so much fun. 



Day 25
Inside treadmill kinda day.


Day 26
Bike ride to the gym via the shady rail trail.
 Stopping for nature along the way.


.

Day 27
Bicycle dodge ball with Drexel.



 Day 28
Soccer lessons and one on one games with the kids. 
Thank you coach Delaney.


Day 29
Sprints up and down a steep hill with my trainer Drexel.


Day 30
Ran around soccer fields during Delaney's practice. 
Encouraged by the Delilah's artwork along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment