Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love is.....
Day 111
August 20th, 2013
Team Zybko


1 Corinthians 13:1-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always hopes, always preservers.

You may have heard these verses before, they are pretty mainstream and super popular at weddings. Easy to quote, rolls nicely off the tongue and quickly excites the masses about the secrets of love in any type of relationship.
Love is patient….yep.
Love is kind….yep.
Love does not boast….yep.
Love doesn’t anger easily….yep.
Love is hope…..yep.
Love rejoices in the truth…..yep.
And so on and so on.
Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep
Love is a lot of things. Love can be is hard work.
Love is always worth it, whether we get something back or not.
To love one another isn’t just a suggestion, it is a command.

So let’s do this simple exercise about love I read in a book the other day. An exercise I did not did not did not pass with flying colors. This exercise makes love personal and forces you to take responsibility.

Go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 but this
 time around, replace and insert your name ever time you see the word love and it. 

Suzy is patient…..
Johnny is kind……
Karen does not boast…..
Betty rejoices in the truth….
Heather doesn’t anger easily…..
Daniel is hopeful…..
How did you do?
Were you able to say…. Yep Yep Yep…. after each description of love?
Before you answer that lets remember Do Not Lie is also a commandment.
Ha!
Anyway, I certainly have some homework to do. Some digging in the Word and prayer ahead of me. That's ok, I am up for it. I want the love I give to others and to myself to have a stamp of approval from my creator. I desire for Him to review my work and say Yep Yep Yep that’s what she did. Until then I know he will give me the strength, wisdom and tools to achieve this, all I have to do is believe and ask. He will hear me….Yep He will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment