Saturday, August 31, 2013


Un-expected  Honeymoon
Day 122
August 31, 2013
Team Zybko

This bumpy summer of 2013 has been full of changes, unknowns and new beginnings. A wild ride. Front row seat wacky with no restraints, a roller coaster of emotional ups and downs. I don’t remember buying a ticket for this. I know me, I would have rather bought a ticket for a funnel cake. Oh well, so is life. Chances are though none of us will exclaim in the near future, “man oh man, I hope next year looks just like this one".  Every season has its purpose, I know that. Yet I still selfishly admit I hope God’s purpose for me is NOT to repeat a similar type turbulent few months any time soon. 

Of course there have been some high points and smooth spots that have kept the smiles and moral rolling along. Thank you Lord for sprinkling those in there too, you are so compassionate like that. A long weekend with my best friend tops that list of pure sugary blessings I am thankful for. Half a week with Baby Daddy and no little ones. Oh, yeah baby. Better than a circus trailer full of deep fried Oreos and ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper. Zero calories too.

The trip wasn’t booked as a honeymoon per say. No palm trees or drinks with umbrellas were in our future or large amounts of SPF stuffed into my carry on. The side by side frequent flyer mile tickets were bought to see Dylan, to celebrate his promotion from New Cadet to Cadet. If you aren’t familiar to the process let me explain. During the six weeks of boot camp New Cadets are considered pond scum but immediately following the Acceptance Day parade the rank for class of 2017 is now slightly above the scum line. No offense intended, I have never been either kind of Cadet, I respect both. So Dylan, if you read this, please don’t misunderstand, the weekend was about you, I swear. Shouldn’t you be studying, shining a low quarter or throwing a girl up in the air?
Let me start over, not over over, just a few sentences over. In between the special moments spent with our son, the couple time and togetherness was completely blissful. 

BD is the master of Hotwire deals and upgrades, a natural bargainer extraordinaire. When I attempt to haggle I somehow end up paying more than the sticker price, so I leave all the arrangements of travel in his capable hands. This time around his skills landed us a perfect, top notch room. Down feather bedding as soft as marshmallows, with out the sticky. I sleep 8 solid hours, not moving once. Waking up refreshed and hungry, cause that's what you do on a honeymoon. Rest and eat. The breakfast buffet had real shinny silver and those individual ketchup condiments in a miniature glass containers. I go gaga over those cute little guys. No, I don’t use ketchup on my personalized egg white omelet made especially for me by a serious voiced man in a tall white fancy hat…..but I took one anyway. 
Ya never know when you will need it later. 
The prison van is totally stocked for such needs. 
Also known as an ECK....emergency condiments for kids.

The cumulative minutes spent in airports, lazy strolls around a big city mall, movies, quiet meals and even waiting outside public restrooms for each other all added up. Adding up perfectly, turning our getaway into a honeymoon type trip, neither one of us wanting it to end. BD is my #1 draft pick always and forever. My personal choice, hands down, to take on a deserted island. The only one on the planet that knows me better than myself and he still loves me and hangs around. I love you to West Point and back honey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment