Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Strong Cup Of Love
Day 104
August 11th, 2013
Team Zybko

Like Pavlov's dog I am a product of classic conditioning. Totally cool with that. Simply replace the bell and collar with the wonderful smell of fresh coffee and worn out pajama's. I wake up, bark, come alive, maybe drool a little and get seriously excited about my morning quiet time. I can't help but associate a cup of warm java in my hands with my special time in the Word which in turn produces a warm feeling in my soul. My special time of day to check the posture of my heart, getting me ready, setting the tone for the next 24 hours of motherhood. 

 With multiple weeks of cheap hotel coffee wearing on my attitude Baby Daddy reads the writing on the wall and does what he does best. He understands my needs and spoils me rotten. Thank you honey. Knocking on the door one morning after a long night shift with a gift in his hand for no particular reason, other than survival that is. He is a smart man. I kiss him as he gives me a
 beautiful french press, coarsely ground Starbucks beans and loving smile.

While reading, drinking, thinking and praying in a dimly lit room on a scratchy covered couch I pour myself another cup of Komodo Dragon dark blend. I can't help but smile big.
 Pour out.
Pour out.
Pour out.
I have read that before.
Yes, right, I nod and whisper, yes of course in Romans somewhere, even though no one is up to agree me I say it again. 
Pour out, like God's love.
Right!
God' love is poured out to all who are willing to recieve it.
To understand that, to live like that, to soak that up is the best buzz of all. I hope the kids stay asleep just a few more minutes, I could use another cup of LOVE.   


Romans 5:1-4 
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.



No comments:

Post a Comment