Tuesday, August 13, 2013


Not All Bike Rides Are Created Equal
Day 106
August 13th, 2013
Team Zybko


Unpacking the heavy bikes and mega stroller for a nature trail bike ride is usually one of our favorite adventures. Todays tour de swamp lands, not so much. I suppose not all rides are created equal, they can't all be solid A's. The ride began looking only slightly better on spiral notebook paper as fun ideas for the day. High noon with a high of 91 degrees. So what, I say bring it North Carolina in the middle of August, bah-ring it! We have plenty of water, sunscreen, a partly shaded trail and a super sunshiny good attitude. That's all you need right? 
Well, normally yes.
The first mile was smooth sailing like melted buttah on the hot black pavement. After that it started going down hill, not the trail itself but the fun sucking got louder and faster as we pedaled into the unfamiliar wilderness. Have I ever admitted here that my nightmares are made of murky green waters and vicious child eating alligators? Any who, mix in a few too many detours, slimy frogs, empty water bottles, warted up leaves, electric fences and sweated out under roos and we were dunzies. By the time we were reunited with the van and mile marker 13 my hope for a perfect, happy after picture was just a pipe dream. No worries, I shove the gear shift to drive and turn on my GPS to find the closest 7-11. Everyone knows large coke Slurpees can turn add major points, turning even the worst bike ride into a passing grade. 
(Crystal, I resisted the urge to send you yet another goofy picture text of me enjoying this icy treat)   





























































No comments:

Post a Comment