Friday, August 9, 2013



Favorite Forwarded Email 
 Day 169
October 21, 2013
Team Zybko

Baby Daddy forwarded an email to me the other day, that isn't really his thing so I knew it was gonna be worth reading. It was. I read it at the multiple stop lights in morning traffic. For once I was happy to hit the reds as I scrolled and pinched out the small text. It didn't include an authors name so I can't give them credit, hate that. It is totally worth the five minutes to read. 
   
The Tandem Bicycle


      At first I saw God as an observer, maybe someone with a telescope who watched me from far away. He was like a judge, keeping tract of what I did right and what I did wrong. At the end of my life he would decide whether I deserved heaven or hell. I did not know God back then.

But later on I met Jesus, and I started to see life like a bike ride. It was a tandem bike and now Jesus was in the back helping me to pedal. I don’t know just when he suggested that we switch places, but life has not been the same since. When I had control I knew what way I wanted to go. It was a little boring but predictable. I had the same friends, we did the same things. Life was the shortest distance between two points.

But when he took the lead, he showed me delightful long cuts, up mountains and through rocky places at break-neck speed. It was all I could do to hang on! Even though sometimes it all seemed crazy, he’d just keep saying “pedal”.

I would become worried and ask: “Where are you taking me? Can I trust you?” But He’d just laugh and say: “Yes”, and slowly I started to trust. I forgot my boring life and entered into the adventure. And when I’d say I’m scared he’d lean back and take my hand. He took me to meet people I never thought I would ever associate with and they became my friends. They had things that I needed… gifts of acceptance and joy, lessons about life and love. And sometimes we’d meet people who needed a gift from me. I’d never done that before. When I would be overwhelmed by it all, Jesus would just smile and say: “I told you it would be fun!”.

I must say I did not trust him at first in control of my life. I thought he would wreck it. But he knows bike secrets, and I have learned that they are the secrets to life too. He knows how to take sharp corners, how to jump high rocks and how to stop and rest in the most amazing places. Now I am just learning to enjoy being with my Lord, to pedal with out fear in the strangest and most beautiful places, to enjoy the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. I could never have gone where I have gone, or seen what I have seen, or become what I have become without him. And still he just says: Pedal.



I couldn't help being reminded of this bike post from a couple months ago. 

Just Keep Pedaling
Day 102
August 9th, 2013
Team Zybko

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us



Similar to the famous words quoted numerous times by Dory the lovable, motivating blue fish from Nemo

JUST KEEP PEDALING!
and keep your eye on the prize

Better than words from an animated
 character are these words from God.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.



                                     


                              Even when you don't feel like being sweet.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize

                               
                       Even when you don't feel like smiling.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


                              Even when you are lonely.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


                    Even when your kids can't seem to behave.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


                                                   Even when you are broke.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


Even when you have strayed from the right path.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize




                                    Even when you miss your grown kids.
                  keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize 


                Even when you don't feel good about yourself.
                  keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize



Even when the last piece of cake is gone.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


Even when nothing seems to be going right.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


Even when every person on the planet annoys you.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize



Even during rush hour traffic
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize


Even when the enemy is breathing down your back.
keep pedaling and fix your eyes upon the prize

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words of inspiration for us all (especially those of us who have hit a plateau in our diet and REALLY wanted sweet and sour chicken from the Chinese restaurant last night but said 'no' and had a grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies at home instead) and the photos are PERFECT!! Thanks! Love to all, Val

    ReplyDelete