Monday, January 20, 2014



A Forgotten Surprise
Go Ahead-Write on the Wall
Day 262
January 20, 2014
Team Zybko

I can't even recall the name of the movie from a few years ago. Drawing a blank. I do however remember it inspired me to go home and write on the wall, that same afternoon. I wasted no time. Grabbing a black sharpie in my buttery popcorn, greased up hand and a favorite verse in the other I got to it.

 Jennifer Aniston did it why couldn't I? Her character was part quirky and part go against the grain in this crazy world. The intent, leave people surprises, bring unexpected smiles to their face. An uplifting message behind each picture frame, go ahead, it's fun, write on the wall. 

While moving this weekend the family photographs and memories came down one by one, room by room. Through hidden tears I reminisced and smiled at quality time spent inside the special square footage we called home. 

Uh...mom, what is this on the wall?
Oh man, I totally forgot I did that.
What a surprise. Happy smiles followed. 

Baby Daddy wasn't smiling like the Hollywood happy ending promised. He wasn't as thrilled as I was by the long ago messages scribbled under the 11 and half by 14 frames. Actually, he muttered a few words under his breathe, well she has enough money to hire someone to come behind her and paint over it as he left the room in search of packing tape and a tiny slice of peace. I can't blame him. If I was married to me I would do worse than that, way worse. I mean really, I could have done this in erasable #2 pencil right? I guess my nut job ideas come with the package though. I love you honey! All the way to the hardware store to get primer and back.
   
Thank you Bryson for having your smart phone ready to look up the verses. Where could I find one of my Bibles? No clue, my brain was in a whirlwind as my life was being packed away in plastic bags and sturdy cardboard boxes.  


Daniel 2:20
Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.


Psalm 119:11
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
(And on the wall!)



(If you are going to write on the wall, check your spelling first)
Whoops

Philippians 4:19
And God will meet all your needs according 
to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment