Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NO Penalty for Excessive Celebration
Enjoy Real Life Touch Downs
Day 247
January 8, 2014
Team Zybko


(This picture  doesn't represent the message of this post but it was going unused so I thought I'd dump it somewhere) 

When we score touchdowns around these parts we celebrate.
We get loud. 
We get happy. 
We receive NO penalties. 
We love joyful news.
We appreciate our accomplishments.
Big and small.

NFL's goofiest rule ever. Excessive Celebration.
I mean seriously. End zone dances are my favorite part of the game. Don't get me wrong, manly muscles, spiral throws, silly commercials, awesome runs and tight pants are also high up on the list too. I'm not saying spiking the ball at another players back or Katy Perry fist pumping in ones face should be allowed, obviously that is rude and unsportsperson like. On the other hand, allowing an athlete to express the happiness of his/her victory through a 32 count, mini Zumba routine should definitely be permitted.

Real life touch downs aren't about scoring 6 points on a field. 

A list of Popcorn words memorized.
Chores done with out asking.
Not burning the biscuits.
A 4.0 college student GPA.
Difficult math equations solved without tears.
Finding a lost shoe.
Making one feel loved through a simple action.
Applying a Bible lesson into real life.
A full tank of gas.
Facing a fear.
Avoiding sweet temptations.
News of a new baby. 
Vacuuming the car.
A healthy blood test result.
Self esteem boosters.
Nurtured friendships.
Sending a package on time.
A smooth trip to Wal-Mart.
Finishing a home school day with a gold star.

So if you happen to see me skipping through a parking lot, body pumping in my cheesy gold mini van or dancing down the aisle at CVS don't throw a flag. Someone in my life has just scored a touch down. I'm excited and ain't afraid to show it. You can bet a couple million dollar contract that I WILL excessively celebrate. So grab yourselves a kick butt batch of loaded nachos and go make a touch down of your own!   

No comments:

Post a Comment