Tuesday, January 21, 2014


Is That Sign For Us?
Day 264
January 21, 2014
Team Zybko


It's like they watched me pack my mom activity bag or something. Football, not allowed. Whiffle ball, not allowed. Soccer ball, not allowed. Was this sign here last week? I don't think so.  

While entering the gymnasium the new announcement taped to the wall hits us smack dab in the forehead like a cold, dead, smelly fish. My mode of entertaining the little ones for two hours while Delaney played Futsal had the air taken right out. Perfect mom plan to no plan in 5 seconds flat. With my arms filled with various sports equipment and a fresh new racket ball in my jacket pocket for back up I let out a huge sigh after reading. Drexel read it too and his look said it all, exactly what I was thinking. 

 I know bud, it stinks.

For a split second or maybe a minute or two I devise a plan. If we get caught goofing around we can pretend we didn't see the sign, we don't know English or perhaps slightly illiterate. Never mind, I know that wouldn't work cause my side kick is honest to a fault, he would bust me cold....and it would wouldn't be right anyways. 

However, the next sign over gave us hope. It didn't forbid playing nicely in one of the side hallways, one of our favorite hidden spots during these Saturday nights. Sweet. Plan B was in action, although it did state in bold capital letters that "horseplay" of any kind would not be tolerated. 

Duh mom, who would bring a horse in here?
Let's go!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment