Saturday, January 4, 2014


Regular Schedule Starts Back on Monday
This Ain't Gonna Be Easy
Day 245
January 4, 2014
Team Zybko



We must now prepare to depart the Disney World of all vacations. Christmas Break. Voted by me, the happiest most bestest time of the year. 2 long weeks chocked full of anything goes. Late night laughter, goofy games, Grandpas big flat screen TV, friends over and a seemingly unlimited supply of sweet, yummy goodies. I've also been completely spoiled with the fun, busyness and joy of a once again full house. All the kids coming and going makes my heart do a little jig as I happily watch dirty dishes pile up in the sink. I know it's weird but I actually enjoy this chore. Something about getting my hands in the soapy water and loving on the plates that held the food to feed my family, feels like a blessing to me. Now mopping the nasty kitchen floor, that's a whole other story sister.

Wait, there is more, Christmas Break is filled with multiple lazy pajama days with no alarm clocks or iPhone set, no school or sports schedule written anywhere on the calendar. NICE. On the fly play dates and unexpected mini-dates are the added icing on the New Years cake. Happy 2014 by the way!

 Here comes the buzz kill though. As we know, all good things must eventually come to an end and plus, I'm kinda a goober and sincerely appreciate a nicely structured week. Please don't sell me out, you can't tell anyone I'm not the loosey goosey girl people seem to think I am :)

Monday morning is coming fast. I'm typing through sleepy soccer mom eyes and a few yawns at 12:02am, way past my bedtime. Oh man, the other side of midnight is here, so it's technically Sunday already, the start back to a regular schedule is in only one day. Yikes. It ain't gonna be easy getting off this gravy train.

 No worries about the huge cold fish slap tomorrow morning will bring, I want to enjoy the last few drops of love this break has to offer. The little ones understand how to do that part up big. They are squeezing out every last minute with their older siblings. The giggles, wrestling and small sided fussing only ended about half an hour ago from a room down the hall. I don't blame them at all. This time together with family and friends has been good to the last drop.     

No comments:

Post a Comment