Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Clean Out The Fridge Soup
Winner Winner Crock Pot Dinner
Day 257
January 15, 2014
Team Zybko

Only two problems with this soup. It surely ain't scoring many points for visual appeal or presentation and sadly I am the only one in the family who ever likes it. Good news though, I have no plans to be a guest on a cooking show any time soon and I am always prepared and aware ahead of time this soup creates meals for only me. 

This simple soup make me happy. I am part of that kooky group of people that actually enjoys eating leftovers. As I pack up extra food from dinners into the appropriate containers I find myself excited about the next days lunch, maybe even a little giddy. (Need. To. Get. Out. More) I also loath wasting food. The lowest point in a leftovers life is about to happen. Throw away in the trash or make a soup? Here is the recipe, give it a try. Don't worry it isn't brain surgery but it is tasty.


After loading this picture Drexel leaned over the laptop and asked if I was blogging about throw-up? 
Like I said, it is  not a beautiful dish.



Open fridge

Stare for a minute or two with door ridiculously wide open

Hear your fathers voice in your head from childhood
(Close the fridge for goodness sakes, money doesn't grow on trees ya know)

Close fridge cause you are old and can't remember what you were doing in there in the first place

Go start a load of laundry 

Finding new food stains on kids clothes you are happy cause it reminds you of what you were doing...cooking

Leave the lid up on the washer and head back to the kitchen cause you are ADD you can totally finish that later

Open fridge and remove all leftovers

Double check with the mom sniff test

Throw into crock pot

Find the plate that serves as the lid cause you long since dropped and broke the original and don't want to spend money on a new one but $5 for a Starbucks later in the day sounds sensible and necessary 

Let it stay on low til you get home from whatever adventures you had during the day

Pepper to taste

Enjoy! 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment