Friday, January 24, 2014


Only 54 Days and 9 Hours Til Spring 
Day 267
January 24, 2014
Team Zybko

No heat in the cheesy, gold mini van as we drop Delaney off in plenty time for the morning school bell of her Middle School. Brrrrrr. When is Spring again? I can't wait to see the beautiful colors of blooming flowers and feel the warm breeze across my soccer mom face. My handy dandy phone lights up and declares in a not so nice, screamy voice, 12 degrees. I swipe my finger to the right and check out the rest of the country, stopping on the screens where the older kids live for a quick prayer. Back to Charlotte, 12 degrees, it's really 12 degrees, I mutter to myself while pouring a strong cup of coffee. I shuffle back to my closest for another layer, it's definitely a two pajama pant day as we prepare to hit the stop and go of the sometimes clogged up car line. 12 degrees, yikes, that's colder than where we stayed in Northern Minnesota last year, which is located just one hour away from the Canadian border. What's up with that? I text a friend from there but I don't think she feels sorry for me at all, as 12 degrees would be considered a heat wave for them. 

Hey, dontcha know we have been buried in snow here since September and won't see green grass until May. 
Quit your whining.

She didn't respond in those words but may actually have been thinking it. Bless her heart.

So when the kids and I return home from the cold ride we count our blessings out loud and also the many weeks until spring. A sorta pre-home school mini lesson. The warm cozy air fogs my camera lens as we prepare hot chocolate to drink from our favorite mugs. Life is Good but God is better.
Thank you Lord for always providing. 
Sturdy shelter, healthy food and clean clothes. 







No comments:

Post a Comment