Monday, January 27, 2014

Ask Your Spouse 
How Do I Make You Feel LOVED?
Day  272
January 28, 2014
Team Zybko


How do I make you feel loved?
I casually asked Baby Daddy this simple question about 6 months ago. We weren't having problems or anything but I was still a little surprised with his candid, simple answers. The prompting to inquire came from a book I happened to be reading on a road trip to the beach.

Ask your spouse it said; What do I do to make you feel loved?

At first I skimmed over that section of that chapter thinking it was kinda goofy and somewhat pointless. I mean, we have been married long enough to know each other inside and out, we even finish each others sentences in the cutest of ways. OK, not really. Truth is I consistently take over all stories and he could care less about hearing his voice so it seems to work out. Anyway, what could he say that I don't already know?

I won't bore you with details but let me just say I feel a bit dumb to admit I have never asked this of Baby Daddy before. Never asked. I can't be the only one out there right? I mean it was a suggestion in a long time standing, best selling book, someone else needed to see that too. Too late for Wife of the Year so I can only try and help others at this point. So ask, I tell you.

Never assume anything, especially about what your spouse is thinking. You know what happens then. Dog house, cold dinners and unanswered texts. Maybe not, just don't ass u me as a generally rule. Communication is key so start inquiring, opening up and telling it from the heart in a loving way.  

I wasn't completely caught off guard by his answers. Interesting though, somewhere in between the, you make me feel loved when you pray for me and when you remember to shut the kitchen cabinets was the double layer icing good stuff. Not X rated juicy stuff but the real life, everyday, this is how much I love you juicy stuff.   

A half a year later we are still living out a few of those answers.
Don't wait, ask now. Best question I have ever asked him. Ranks higher and even more important than.....Does this make my butt look big? 

No comments:

Post a Comment