Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teaching My Kids About God 
One Index Card at a Time
Day 256
January 14, 2014
Team Zybko


It's not fancy. 
That's OK.
Not lined up evenly.
That's OK. 
The cards and sharpie don't match. 
That's OK.
I'm not a trained theologian.
That's OK.
I don't have all the answers.
That's OK.

I'm putting into practice what I learn during my quiet time.
Teaching my kids as I walk along side with the LORD.
He holds my hand, I hold theirs.
I am truly understanding how deeply HE loves me.
This shows me how to love them better.
For me and my house that's more than OK.



Monday:
Matthew 5:44-43
Love your enemies. Pray or those who hate you.
Act as true Children of our god and Father in heaven.

This also includes the people that annoy you.

Tuesday:
Psalm 107:1
Give thanks to the Lord.
For He is good.
For His steadfast love endures forever.

God is Good all the time.
All the time God is Good.

Wednesday:
Matthew 6:33
Seek the kingdom of God above all else,
and live righteously,
and He will give you everything you need.

Don't freak out. Don't worry.
Talk to your heavenly Father about it.
Set your eyes on eternity.
Do the right thing. Always.
God has your best interest in mind.
He will figure it out and provide for you according to His plan. 

Thursday:
Genesis 22:14
Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh 
Which means the Lord will provide.

When? Always! 
Through every minute of our day. 
The hard parts and the easier parts too. 
24/7/365
No vacation time for Him.

Friday:
Matthew 7:3-4
"And why worry about the speck in your friends eye when you have a log in your own?"

Don't rat someone else out when you are guilty of the same thing.
Please think about how to improve yourself first.

Saturday and Sunday:
Repeat, Review, Reconnect

No comments:

Post a Comment